Parish Administration Officer
|Position Title||Parish Administration Officer|
|Employment Status||Casual (12 hrs per week)|
|Key Relationships / Interactions||Internal: Parish Rector, Church Wardens, Parish Council.
External: Parishioners, Queensland Police Service, Suppliers/Contractors and Anglican Church SQ.
Position Statement / Overall Purpose
This diverse role makes an important contribution to the life and work of the church of St Peter’s. In combination with a range of administrative and financial tasks, the role also has a pastoral element in the interaction with people visiting the church office, calling by phone or contacting via email.
The Parish Administration Officer at St Peter’s, Anglican Parish of Maroochydore will work in accordance with the values and ethos of the Anglican Church Southern Queensland, working within the Code of Conduct and supporting the operations of the Church
Position Specific Requirements & Qualifications
- Current National Police Certificate.
- Current Queensland Driver’s Licence.
- Relevant administrative qualifications and experience in an office environment is desirable.
- Relevant bookkeeping qualifications and experience in financial reporting.
Key Selection Criteria
- Excellent organisational ability with capacity to manage multiple and varied tasks simultaneously.
- High level proficiency with Microsoft Office suite and Xero Accounting packages with high level of attention to detail.
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills including excellent phone manner.
- An engaging and personable demeanour capable of working with a diverse ministry team, volunteers and the general public as required.
- Ability to learn new skills quickly and be able to apply knowledge across a range of activities.
- Ability to work effectively, respectfully and collegially in a team environment as well as autonomously as required.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
To carry out the duties in compliance with the policies and procedures prescribed by the Canons of the Anglican Diocese of Brisbane, and the decisions of Parish Council.
To follow all lawful directions of the Rector in an efficient and timely manner.
- General Office Responsibilities
- Answer phone and direct calls as required.
- Referring requests for pastoral ministry to the Priest or Pastoral Care Co-ordinator. Dealing compassionately with individuals who present for help when no ministry support is available. Providing relevant information to help.
- Receiving parcels and packages delivered to the Parish Office.
- Organise mail and ensure sufficient postage supplies are kept.
- Ensure stationery and office supplies are maintained to an adequate level
- Reading and responding to emails
- Redirecting emails to the appropriate person in the Parish
- Saving emails for future reference / action
- Sending emails associated with area of responsibility
- Using Parish Database to mail merge bulk emails/letter
- Word processing of letters and emails given subject, content and recipient list provided by designated leadership
- Initiate responses and create letters
- Download resources from the internet, design and prepare flyers, posters, luncheon tickets, and other documents as required by the Parish for special events and programs.
- Understanding of the structure and methods of the operation of the Anglican Church.
- Manage the Parish Office
- Producing reports as directed by Rector including initiation and forward planning annual reports for Parish AGM.
- Maintenance of Parish databases including roll, asset register, ministry etc
- Creation and maintenance of contact lists for various ministries
- Maintaining the “Blue Card” and ‘LA’ registers including the issuing of forms to those whose Blue Cards are due for renewal. Signing off and uploading completed documents to Blue Card Website.
- Maintenance of Professional Standards (Blue Card) documentation and Diocesan quarterly returns appropriate to the level of responsibility delegated by the rector
- Maintaining the Parish diary and Calendar. Scheduling meetings when requested.
- Liaising with Clergy and Wardens with regard to bookings for occasional use of the hall and church
- Maintain and organise relevant filing systems for correspondence, documents and files which are to be kept securely. Filing and retrieving documents as requested.
- Ensuring regular backup and secure storage of all digital files
- Maintaining the Parish’s Key Register and issuing of keys after approval of Rector or Wardens
- Designing and improving efficiency of the role including development of systems for time management, and communication etc.
- Ensuring the Parish Office is locked and secure prior to departure
- Oversee and maintain Professional Standards for staff and volunteers, inclusive of blue card register. This includes reminders to card holders to ensure cards are current.
- Assistance to Ministry Team
- Assist Rector with administrative and organisational tasks including appointments and other matters as they arise.
- Collecting information and referring requests for Baptism, Wedding and Funeral ministry
- Assist with the preparation of various items including orders of services, slides, readings, Pew Sheet for our Sunday Services and as required.
- Assist Rector and ministry leaders with printing and photocopying.
- Typing of reports and correspondence as required.
- Participate in Staff Meetings as required.
- Other tasks as reasonably requested by the Rector.
- Financial Administration
- Receiving of accounts and entering into Xero
- Liaising with the Treasurer with regards to financial matters
- Scheduling of payments and raising batches for approval in a timely manner
- Reconciling of all accounts and preparation of monthly statements for distribution to Treasurer and PMC prior to monthly meeting.
- Receiving of claims for reimbursement after approval by Warden or Treasurer and scheduling payment
- Designing and adjusting forms for parish convenience
- Designing and adjusting Xero reports for parish use
- All Parish bookkeeping using Xero including entering budgets
- Assist the treasurer with compiling the Annual Parish Budget
- Preparation of accounts and other information for the Auditor
- Preparation and lodgement of the quarterly BAS statements
- Completion of Diocesan Financial Annual Returns
- Other Duties
- Undertake own work practices in a safe manner and comply with the instructions given for workplace health and safety within relevant Policies and Procedures; and
- Your responsibilities also extend to any tasks outlined on a duties list, or any other tasks delegated to you by your manager/supervisor, provided that those new job requirements are safe, efficient, relevant, legal and within your abilities.