Parish Administration Officer
|Position Title||Parish Administration Officer|
|Location||Anglican Parish of Maroochydore, St Peter’s
Cnr Beach Road and Church Street, Maroochydore
|Employment Status||Casual (12 hrs per week)|
Position Statement / Overall Purpose
This diverse role makes an important contribution to the life and work of the church of St Peter’s. In combination with a range of administrative and financial tasks, the role also has a pastoral element in the interaction with people visiting the church office, calling by phone or contacting via email.
The Parish Administration Officer at St Peter’s, Anglican Parish of Maroochydore will work in accordance with the values and ethos of the Anglican Church Southern Queensland, working within the Code of Conduct and supporting the operations of the Church.
Position Specific Requirements & Qualifications
- Current National Police Certificate.
- Relevant administrative qualifications and experience in an office environment is desirable.
- Relevant bookkeeping qualifications and experience in financial reporting.
Key Selection Criteria
- Excellent organisational ability with capacity to manage multiple and varied tasks simultaneously.
- High level proficiency with Microsoft Office suite and Xero Accounting packages with high level of attention to detail.
- An engaging and personable demeanour capable of working with a diverse ministry team, volunteers and the general public as required.
- Ability to learn new skills quickly and be able to apply knowledge across a range of activities.
- Ability to work effectively, respectfully and collegially in a team environment as well as autonomously as required.
- General Office Responsibilities
- Answering phone and directing calls to the appropriate person
- Organise mail, ensure sufficient postage and stationery/office supplies are kept
- Use Microsoft Office Suite applications
- Understand the structure and methods of the operation of the Anglican Church
- Maintain Parish databases including roll, Blue Card Portal, key register and asset register
- Maintain the Parish diary and Calendar
- Organise relevant filing systems
- Ensure regular backup and secure storage of all digital files
- Assistance to Ministry Team
- Assist Rector with administrative and organisational tasks including printing, photocopying and collecting information and referring requests for Baptism, Wedding and Funeral ministry
- Assist with the preparation of various items including orders of services, PowerPoint slides, readings, Pew Sheet for our Sunday and Wednesday Services and as required.
- Participate in Staff Meetings as required.
- Perform other tasks as reasonably requested by the Rector.
- Financial Administration
- Attend to all Parish bookkeeping using Xero including entering budgets, making payments, entering accounts, reconciling, preparation of monthly financial statements and gathering information for the Auditor
- Liaising with the Treasurer with regards to financial matters
- Prepare and lodge of the quarterly BAS statements